Fruits Home Full List of Fruits
The fruit is identified by its oval shape and it has a yellow flesh with its skin looks in blue or indigo. Some fruits have purple or red skin. The fruit has a sour or sweet taste
It is a decidious tree which flowers in April and ripens from July- November. The flowers have both male and female organs and pollinated by insects and the plant is self fertile. It requires well drained soil and grows in heavy clay soil and it grows in semi shade or without shade and requires moist soil. The tree blossoms with small white flowers.
Varieties of damson fruit
This fruit looks in blue-black skin, juicy and has yellow flesh. It's valued for its culinary use and requires minimum pruning and it grows in a fertile soil. It looks like a small plum.
It is a late ripening fruit that is large and it has a blue-black skin and its flesh is fine textured and looks in yellow. It is a last plum ripens in the season and looks in oval shape and has sweet flavor.
It is a blue-black fruit that is picked up at early September and has a good strong flavor.
It has a blue-black bloomy skin and has a firm green flesh. It is good for culinary use and it is a splendid fruit for jam.
It is a purple fruit with astringent flavor when it is fresh and water delicious after cooking. The fruits are quite small and the taste cannot be forgotten once tasted.
The below table represents the nutritional value of damson fruit per 100 gm
- It is used for making jam
- It is used to prepare wine
- It is used for making slivovitz
||NUTRITION VALUE IN gm/ mg
1. Damson cheese recipe
- 2.8 kg damson
- 300ml water
- A teaspoon of ground all spice
How to make
• Wash the damson and put it in a large cup of water
• Boil it and reduce the heat until the damson become tender
• Pour the mixture in a bowl and press it using the back of a wooden spoon
• Measure the fruit puree and bring it to the pan and add sugar and ground allspice
• Boil it again and continue cooking and stir it until it becomes very thick
• Pour into a small jar or moulds and cover it
2. Damson Pie Recipe
- Egg yolks
- Vanilla extract
- Damson plum
- Egg white
- Unbaked pie shell
How to make
• Preheat the oven to 350 degree and mix the first four ingredients into a bowl
• Mix milk and vanilla and stir it
• Bet egg white into a mixture and fold into preserver mixture
• Pour the pie shell and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes
Fruitsinfo.com is a leading website for fruits and fruits related information. Our mission is to become the top information site for fruits. We have variety of fruits like tropical fruits, seasonal fruits, exotic fruits, fruits listed by country , fruit recipes, articles related to fruits and lot more. Eating fruits is a vital part of your diet, fruits have essential vitamins, minerals and lot more which helps you lead a healthy life. Health benefits and nutritional benefits of fruits are listed all over our website. If you have any feedback to leave or question regarding the fruits listed in our website please email to firstname.lastname@example.org