Watermelon is a refreshing summer fruit. It is vitamin rich fruit and has a lot of water content. It satisfies thirst and makes one feel full. A watermelon cake is unique way of eating the watermelon fruit. The cake is easy to make and does not require any baking. This recipe is great for all the watermelon lovers out there.
- 1 Watermelon
- Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Take a watermelon and cut it into half. Cut the cap part of the watermelon so that it is flat on both sides.
- Make the watermelon stand upright and scrape off the outer skin. Smoothen out the outside layer of the fruit so it is round and cake shaped.
- Cut all the fruits into small pieces. They will act as the toppings on the cake. Your desired fruits can be added.
- Take a large bowl and put all the required amount of whipping cream in it.
- Add a little amount of sugar and vanilla extract.
- Take an electric whisk/mixer and whisk the cream until cream thickens. The beating process may be hard to do using hands.
- The cake shaped watermelon is taken and the whipped cream is applied on top of it as soon as it is made. Using a spatula the cream is spread all over the cake. The cream needs to be smooth around the corners.
- Take the chopped fruits and place it around the cake on the whipped cream before if hardens.
- Place small pieces of fruits on the cake else the cake may not stand.
- Extra fruits and nuts maybe added as desired.
Serve it chill on its own or add your favorite ice cream along with it .
Posted in Birthday Recipes, Delicious Fruit Recipes, Festival Recipes, Fruit appetizers, Fruit Pastries, Mixed fruit Recipes, Nutritious Recipes, Party Recipes, Simple fruit Recipes, Strawberry Snacks Recipe, Sweet Recipes, Tasty and Easy Recipes, Tasty Recipes
SUMMER BERRY SALAD
Beat the heat with healthy summer fruits. Here is a simple fruit salad perfect for the summer season which only uses berries. This is easy to make and is a refreshing recipe.
- Take all the ingredients and cut them into small pieces.
- Put the fruit pieces in a large bowl and mix them well.
- Keep it inside the fridge for 2 hours and serve chilled.
- Lemon Juice and sugar can also be added if desired.
- If any fruit is not available any desired fruit can be used as substitute.
Posted in Delicious Fruit Recipes, Festival Recipes, Fruit appetizers, Fruit Recipes, Healthy Fruit Recipe, Mixed fruit Recipes, Nutritious Recipes, Simple fruit Recipes, Sweet Recipes, Tasty Recipes, Uncategorized
BANANA ICE CREAM
The summer season is coming up and it is the season for ice creams. Usually homemade ice creams take a lot of time to make and require a lot of ingredients. But here is a simple easy to make ice cream which requires only one ingredient. No additional cream or sweetening agents need to be added. Only one ingredient is needed which is BANANA.
- Take a ripe banana and peel of its skin. Cut the banana into small round shaped pieces and put it in a container. Freeze it for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take the banana pieces and blend them well. It won’t blend well at first and may get stuck around the blender. Scrape it from the sides of the blender using a spatula or any spoon and keep on blending.
- The blending process may take some time. Slowly the mixture will turn into a soft creamy mixture. Blend for some more seconds for the ice cream consistency.
- Remove the cream from the blender and serve it immediately. It may not taste the same if it is refrigerated again.
- You can add on your favorite ingredients as toppings to the ice cream as well.
- 1/2 cup fresh ruby-colored pomegranate arils
- 100 grams of frozen acai berry puree
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 8 ounces of almond milk (unsweetened)
Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until the smoothie becomes creamy and serve chill.
Granny cake is little different from other cakes and it takes only 10 minutes to prepare this. But it takes around 40 minutes of cooking time and so altogether within an hour it can be cooked completely. Pineapple is the main fruit used in this recipe and a lot of other tasty and nutrient-full items are also added to bring the aroma and mouth watering taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, egg and crushed pineapples according to the quantity in the ingredient list and pour the mixture into a buttered pan 9 X 13.
- Mix brown sugar and nuts and sprinkle over the unbaked cake and bake it at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Now mix milk, sugar, vanilla and butter in a saucepan and blend them together properly.
- Now boil the above mixture and pour over the baked cake while it still hot.
This cake can serve for about 12 to 14 adults and it will be perfect for an evening snack. When kids return home from their extracurricular activities, this recipe will be a nutritious as well as a stomach filling one.
Children love to hear the name “Pizza” rather than “Fruits”. Therefore to make them consume fruits which have high nutrients, this recipe consisting of different fruits are served as pizza. One can use your favorite fruits to design tour pizza however you want but preferably strawberries and bananas will be good. This can be cooked in very less time and it takes just 15 minutes to do so. The one who do not want to spend more time standing in the kitchen can go for this kind of fruit recipe. Below you can find the various ingredients needed to prepare this fruit and then the procedures are coming underneath it.
- 4 cups of corn flakes which are crushed and mashed properly
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of softened margarine
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 2 packages of softened light cream cheese
- 1 jar of marshmallow cream
- 3 cups of sliced fruit preferably strawberry, banana, grapes and kiwis
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and in a separate bowl, combine corn flakes, sugar, margarine, and corn syrup.
- Press this mixture evenly and put them in the bottom of an 12-inch pan. After doing this, bake it for 5 minutes and allow it to cool down completely for several minutes.
- Now combine cream cheese and marshmallow cream and spread it over the crust. Now arrange the fruits however you want but neatly arranged.
- Chill it for an hour and the split into even pieces by slicing them using a sharp knife.
The amount that is used to make this pizza will constitute 1 pie and this can be made during special occasions. One can make this short recipe and give it friends and relatives who step into your house suddenly without any prior information. It is very easy to prepare this fruit recipe and as it contains lots of vitamins and minerals it is considered to be an healthy one too.
Apples are good source of vitamins and they are less expensive when compared to other fruits and are available throughout the year. Apples are very essential to maintain a balance diet and so they are available all over the countries and they are exported to the countries where the plantation seems to be very difficult. Pick the ones which are bright in color and avoid the ones which have brown spots on them. It can be stored in fridge to postpone ripening and can retain their freshness for up to 7 days. Many suggest eating an apple per day can keep you from free radicals that are harmful to our body.
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of peeled diced apples
- 1 unbaked pie crust about 9-inch
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Beat the egg and sour cream together and add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Mix until it becomes smooth and stir in the apples.
- Bake it at 400 degree for about 25 minutes and then mix the crumb topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Remove the pie from oven and spread with crumb topping and again bake it for another 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for sometime before serving for best flavor and taste.
This can be served as breakfast too and it takes about 1 hr and 15 minutes to prepare this recipe. Kids are found of apples and it will be a great recipe appetite for them.
Instead of trying the same old banana cake, you can try the Lemon cake which is full of health benefits. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and as they are low in calories they can be consumed even by old aged people too. Lemon juice when it is mixed with water serves as a great liver detoxifier. It helps in treating scurvy diseases and destroys intestinal worms. This recipe is altogether a stomach filling, nutritious and a delicious one. The ingredients that are needed for this recipe are given below and they are followed by instructions.
- 1/2 lb of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup of lemon, zest of, grated
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and grease the flour 2 loaf pans with parchment paper to line the bottom.
- Using paddle attachment, gel the butter and 2 C granulated sugar in a bowl of electric mixer for about 5 minutes until it gets light and fluffy.
- Keep the mixer at medium speed and add eggs one by one along with lemon zest.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and in another bowl, mix lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixtures to the batter, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter between pans, smoothing the tops. Bake this for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until it is baked properly.
- After baking it, allow it to cool down for 10 minutes. In the meantime, combine ½ C granulated sugar and ½ C lemon juice in small saucepan. Heat this mixture at medium temperature until the sugar dissolves.
- Now remove the cakes from pans and set it on the wire rack, top of the jelly pan.
- Sprinkle the lemon syrup over the cakes and allow it to cool down completely.
- For the glaze, mix the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and mix it with whisk until smooth.
- Pour this above mixture over the tops of the cakes and allow drizzling down the sides.
- Garnish with 2 lemon slices and some greens of your choice.
This recipe takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to prepare and can be served for 10 to 12 adults. Kids love to eat this recipe and it can be made during festival seasons to welcome the guest with appetite. Even though it takes some time to bake it, the result at the end is so delicious and no one can stop with just one piece of cake.
This recipe is a double combination of raspberry and banana fruit and mixture of dark chocolate makes it yummier. Both the fruits are rich in vitamins and they contain many anti-oxidants which are responsible for anti-aging features. Raspberry fruit is mainly responsible for treating skin problems and avoids wrinkles. It is a perfect mixture of these two fruits which taste good and makes our body healthy. This recipe triggers the taste buds and makes the mouth watery as it is delicious and smells good. The ingredients and the instruction that are needed to prepare this recipe is listed below.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 eggs which are lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas or 4 -5 medium bananas
- 1 cup of sugar or 1 cup of Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate pieces
- 3/4 cup of cinnamon streusel topping
- 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon of shortening
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the bottom and sides of loaf pans and set it aside.
- Then in a large bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Before setting aside, make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, sugar and oil and stir them well. Now blend the egg mixture with the flour mixture and stir it well until it is moistened.
- Add some pecans and some dark chocolate pieces into the mixture. Spoon the batter into the pan and swirl ¼ cup of raspberry into it with the help of a knife. Sprinkle some cinnamon streusel if needed.
- Bake it for40 to 50 minutes depending upon the pan size and use a wooden tooth pick to check whether it is baked properly. To prevent overbrowning, cover it with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes inside the pan on a wire rack. Then remove it from the pan and cool it completely on the rack.
- After making the bread to stand overnight, combine the 1/3 cup of dark chocolate with ½ teaspoon of shortening in a separate bowl. Microwave it for 20 seconds and stir it well until it gets melted and becomes smooth. Now drizzle over the bread.
- Place the raspberries in another microwave bowl and heat it for 20 to 30 seconds and drizzle it over the top of the bread.
This recipe serves for about 16 adults and it takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes to prepare this one. For those who want to experiment with fruits can try this recipe during special occasions.
Pineapple and coconut is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber respectively and both are required for proper synthesis of the body. This recipe is rich in B-complex and also contains small amount of vitamin A which improves our vision. This pineapple fruit is also responsible for protecting human body from lung and oral cavity cancers. Even though these snowballs take a little extra time to prepare, it is worthwhile to prepare it during festival seasons. Even though coconuts are added into this mixture, they are not very sweet, but are a refreshing change of pace from the usual holiday baked pies, goods, fudges, and candies.
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1(8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 1/2cups flaked coconut
- Drain the pineapple with a fine strainer to push as much as juice possible to make the mixture a bit more firm and easier to work with
- Combine the cream cheese and the pineapple in a small bowl and mix it well.
- Cover the mixture with a paper foil and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Now roll the mixture into a 1-inch ball and add coconut to it.
- Refrigerate it for 6 hours or one full night.
This recipe takes just only 35 minutes to prepare but another 6 hours is required to refrigerate it. One can do this at night and keep the mixture in the fridge the whole night so that next day they can consume this delicious recipe. Kids and children love to eat this mouth-watering recipe and this can be done during festival seasons.