- 3 to 4 star fruit, sliced.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted.
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar.
- juice of 2 passion fruit.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened.
- 1 cup sugar & 2 eggs & 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract.
Heat the Mixture in oven to 350F. Arrange slice star fruit in bottom of a greased 9 inch cake pan as close as possible. Mix together 1/4 cup butter on cake, brown sugar and passion fruit juice and pour into pan, turning so mixture covers bottom. Make a paste together 1/2 cup of butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well. Mix together dry ingredients. Add flour mixture, alternately with milk, to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cake pulls away form sides of pan. Let cool for five minutes before invert onto serving plate.