Ethnic names : Bankong (Malay), Champada (Thai), Mit to nu (Vietnam)
Scientific Name : Artocarpus integer
Appearance : Cempedak is a sausage-shaped fruit, smaller in size when compared to that of a jack fruit. It has a green color and turns slightly yellowish as it ripes. The fruit contains a bright yellow pulp covering the large brown seeds. The surface of the Cempedak flesh is very soft, sweet which haves a strong aroma.
Cempedak is also called the ugly cousin of the jackfruit.
The bark from the tree is used in the production of the yellow dye.
This plant grows well in the tropical region.
The trees are found only in areas that have no dry season.
The trees need a maximum amount of water to grow.
This fruit contains Ascorbic acid, enzymes, bioflavonoid and also rich in minerals & vitamins
Other than the minerals and vitamins it also consists of water content of upto 67 grams per 100g.
Cempedak haves a rich vitamin A content which mainly helps to keeps the cornea of eye healthier.
This also contains dietary fiber which is high enough to maintain digestive tract health.
Vitamin C also decreases the cholesterol content in the blood.
The bark of this fruit in fact contains components that used to prevents tumors and malaria.
It also contains heteriflavon C used to eliminate the cause of malaria parasites to cent percent.
- 200-350 grams of butter
- Sugar as required
- 250 grams of self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of cempedak flesh.
- Cut the flesh to tiny pieces without making it mushy.
- Mix the sugar and butter until it becomes fluffy.
- Add eggs and flour alternately.
- Mix in the flesh gently and bake all together.
- Try to avoid mixing up of the flesh and the cake batter together.
- Bake it at 180 deg. celcius for around 45 minutes.
- 1 kg of Cempedak Fruit
- Oil as required
- 70 g Rice Flour
- 10 g Corn Flour
- Sugar if needed
- Salt as required
- 1 full Cup of Water
- Peel the fruit and take the flesh alone in a bowl.
- Combine Rice Flour, Corn Flour, Sugar, Salt and Water for batter and mix well.
- Pour enough oil into a pan on medium to high heat.
- Cover the Cempedak flesh with batter and fry until it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove the Cempedak fritters and serve warm.
- 1 Cempedak
- 3 Tbsp Self Raising Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp Wheat Flour
- Salt as required
- i cup of Water
- Combine all the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Also add water to it and combine into a batter.
- Cover cempedak in batter and deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove and serve.