Grapefruit is a hybrid of two citrus species, Citrus maxima (pummelo) and Citrus sinensis (sweet orange). Grapefruit has a deep red flesh inside and it is a variety of Florida. It makes an essential nutrient for skin development and eyesight.
The fruit is yellow orange skinned and its major types are white, pink and red. The color will not affect the flavor where the pink and red grapefruit add Vitamin A to your diet. It makes a perfect breakfast since it comes in a ready-made bowl. It should not be picked until it is fully ripe.
- Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- It helps to lower the cholesterol level where the seeds have antioxidant properties.
- Grapefruit is rich in nutrients like potassium, folate, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and fiber.
- It is an anti-cancer agent that helps to fight against diseases.
- It is very helpful in dissolving inorganic calcium.
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest