|The fruit is yellow orange skinned and its major types are white, pink and red. The color will not affect the flavor where the pink and red grapefruit add Vitamin A to your diet. It makes a perfect breakfast since it comes in a ready-made bowl. It should not be picked until it is fully ripe.|
- Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- It helps to lower the cholesterol level where the seeds have antioxidant properties.
- Grapefruit is rich in nutrients like potassium, folate, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin B6 and fiber.
- It is an anti-cancer agent that helps to fight against diseases.
- It is very helpful in dissolving inorganic calcium.
|Nutrition ||Nutritive value|
|Vitamin A ||6%|
- 4 large red grapefruit and avocados peeled
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and black pepper
How to prepare?
|Arrange the grapefruit and avocado slices in a petty serving dish. Beat the orange juice, olive oil, lime juice, and honey until well pooled in a bowl then drizzle the dressing over the grapefruit and avocado slices. Add salt and black pepper. Now the salad is ready to serve.|
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
How to prepare?
|Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl until it gets light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, stir in the vanilla and grapefruit zest. Also beat in the flour mixture with the grapefruit juice and milk. Bake in the preheated oven for nearly 30 minutes and cool in pan for 10 minutes.|