|Scientific Name:Citrus × tangelo|
The pulp of Tangelo is colorful and very juicy. It produces excellent and plentiful juice. The fruits should be eaten when fully ripen.
- Tangelos are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A and flavonoids that helps in preventing common cold and throat infections
- It helps to prevents premature aging and protect against many cancer and viral infections
- Tangelo fruit had a good source of dietary fiber that helps to relieve from constipation
- Tangelos are good source of B vitamins, carotenes, pectin, potassium, and folic acid
|Nutrition ||Nutritive value|
|Vitamin A ||0%|
Tangelo fruit tree
Tangelo fruit holds on the tree for two to three months. The trees of Tangelo fruit grow to a large size which resembles like Clementine tangerine and it should be easily recognized by their cup-shaped leaves. The trees were large and cold-tolerant.|
Tangelo Fruit Salad
- 2 medium tangelos, oranges and pears peeled
- 60 ml lime juice and passion fruit pulp
- 250 ml pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger and caster sugar
How to prepare?
|Mix pineapple, lime juice, lemon grass, ginger, vanilla and sugar in a saucepan. Heat for 10 minutes and allow chilling for 40 minutes. Filter the syrup into a glass. Mix the tangelos, oranges and pears then top the salad with the yoghurt and the passion fruit pulp.|
Tangelo And Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 tangelos
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup poppy seeds
How to prepare?
|Squeeze and zest the tangelos. Add butter, sugar, tangelo zest and vanilla essence together until it gets creamy. Add eggs and sift through flour and baking powder with the buttermilk and fold through poppy seeds. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.|
Place tangelo juice and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar gets dissolves.
When cake is cooked, slice it with a wooden skewer and pour over the syrup. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out. And Serve it.
- Wash tangelo fruit with water
- Cut all of your tangelo fruit with a good kitchen knife
- Press and squeeze each half of fruit on to the citrus juicer
- Pour all of your juice into serving pitcher
- Serve chilled fruit juice in small juice glasses