Tangelo is a hybrid variety of tangerine and a pomelo or a grapefruit. The fruit of tangelo and mandarin looks similar. Tangelo fruit start to ripen from late autumn through to late winter. It ranges usually from the size of a standard sweet orange to the size of a grapefruit.
The pulp of Tangelo is colorful and very juicy. It produces excellent and plentiful juice. The fruits should be eaten when fully ripen.
- Tangelos are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A and flavonoids that helps in preventing common cold and throat infections
- It helps to prevents premature aging and protect against many cancer and viral infections
- Tangelo fruit had a good source of dietary fiber that helps to relieve from constipation
- Tangelos are good source of B vitamins, carotenes, pectin, potassium, and folic acid
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 tangelos
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup poppy seeds
Place tangelo juice and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar gets dissolves. When cake is cooked, slice it with a wooden skewer and pour over the syrup. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out. And Serve it.
- Wash tangelo fruit with water
- Cut all of your tangelo fruit with a good kitchen knife
- Press and squeeze each half of fruit on to the citrus juicer
- Pour all of your juice into serving pitcher
- Serve chilled fruit juice in small juice glasses
|Add your Review|