Papaya is one of the most delicious and valuable fruits. Papaya is a great way to help get the recommended 70 mg each and every day.
Many people in countries like India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka believe that papaya can provoke problems in pregnancy like abortion.
Benefits of Eating Papaya during Pregnancy period
- Papaya is much helpful to reduce the trouble caused by indigestion, where the pregnant women face.
- Unripe papaya is used as a natural one to induce labor towards the final stages of pregnancy
- Papaya is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C
- Papaya is very effective against digestive problems like inflammatory bowel syndrome and heartburn.
Some reasons to avoid Papaya during Pregnancy period are
- Eat only fully ripen papaya; the unripe papaya has a latex like substance that acts like prostaglandin and oxytocin which are commonly used to induce struggle.
- Eating unripe papaya in early stages of pregnancy can induce early labor and abortion
- Papaya is normally avoided by women as a precautionary measure