The carambola fruit is rich in ascorbic acid, which is important for the physical state of your body because it helps to keep bones, teeth, mucous membranes, skin and immune system improves.one cup of sliced carambola has 37.2 mg of vitamin C.
* The star fruit provides small amounts of B vitamins such as vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid, and derivatives can help lower cholesterol and speed recovery from injuries. It also contains folic acid or vitamin B9, essential for preventing birth defects, and reduces the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
* The fruit is beta-carotene, which can be converted into retinol or vitamin A in your body for good vision and appetite.
* The fruit contains both antimicrobial activity and antioxidants. Fruit extracts demonstrated antimicrobial activity against Bacillus cereus, E. coli, Salmonella typhi and Staphylococcus aureus.
* The star fruit contains small amounts of potassium, which regulate the level of blood pressure, red blood cell iron balance, as well as calcium and magnesium, which work together to help strengthen bones.
* The carambola is rich in soluble fiber, which can be helpful in reducing cholesterol levels and maintain healthy intestine.