How to make strawberry wine?Follow the procedure mentioned below inorder to make the strawberry wine.
- Strawberries-3 1/2 lbs
- Sugar-2 lbs
- Acid Blend- 1 tsp
- Tannin- 1/4 tsp
- Pectic Enzyme-1/2 tsp
- Nutrient- 1 tsp
- Campden tablet- 1 (crushed)
- Yeast- 1 pkg
- Take ripen strawberries .First wash the strawberry nicely. Crush the berries nicely and extract the juice from it. Keep all the pulp in straining bag, tie off and place in primary fermenter.
- Now stir all the ingredients except yeast. Then crush the campden tablet. Cover primary fermenter. Check SG and sugar must be added and that should be around 1.090. Let mixture set for 24 hrs.
- After 24 hrs check temperature whether it is at 70 degrees. If yes,then add yeast to it. Cover primary fermenter.
- Stir the mixture daily,and check SG and record it, press pulp lightly.When SG reaches of 1.030 (about 5-6 days) remove fruit from pressing lightly to extract juice.
- Siphon (rack) strawberry wine off sediment into secondary fermenter (carboy). Attach the airlock and should be filled with 1/3 of water.
- If fermented below 1.000 SG (about 3 weeks) rack again into secondary (carboy). Reattach the airlock.
- Rack must done for every 2 months until wine is clear and the sediment is gone.
- If you prefer a sweeter wine, go ahead and sweeten prior to bottling.
- Add 1/2 tsp stabilizer to wine, then add your simple syrup or glycerin.Now your wine is ready to drink