Organization is the main ingredient in preparing lunch for your child. It is not important to prepare special and new items on a daily basis. You can always utilize the ‘leftovers’ from time to time. You can use unusual items for making innovative items for your child including soups, casseroles, chilies and stews and pack them up in thermos to send it in your child’s lunch boxes. Try to avoid Chinese noodles or pastas as they get gluey unless you make gravy based recipes. Some of the interesting recipes which can be made for picky food eaters are elaborated below.
Those parents who have ‘picky’ eater as their kids find it hard to get the right recipe to counterpart their kids’ taste buds. The encouraging part is that other children may positively influence these children’s food preferences and help them in experimenting with new food choices. It helps if other kids keep offering these new dishes till such time your kid actually tastes it!
- Jelly Recipe: Make your ‘grape jelly’ creation for layering over the bread or any other base. Since kids are great fans of jelly and peanut butter combination, you can make your recipe for your child’s lunchbox.
- Yummy Noodle Soup: There is always the traditional “Chicken noodle soup” which is a great source of attraction for your child. Create your own version of this recipe and do not add mushrooms if your kid does not like it.
- Pizza Treat: There is hardly any kid that does not fall for pizza. Tailor out your own version of “flatbread” pizza to make something different, breaking the daily monotony in your child’s lunch.
- Patties Time: There is hardly any kid that does not fall for pizza. Tailor out your own version of “flatbread” pizza to make something different, breaking the daily monotony in your child’s lunch.
- Bread Varieties: There are exceptions like those kids who can survive on sticks of raw carrot, boiled chicken and white bread. Try various bread types for such kids. May be the ‘soda bread’ with ‘homemade jam’ or ‘pita bread’ with egg salad can do wonders for changing your kid’s taste buds.
- Veggies for a Change: There are many kids who are fans of baked beans. The “Maple Baked Beans” recipe is a sweetened dish which is devoid of cloying and your child is sure to enjoy in his/her lunch break.
Kids are totally attracted by carrots though they tend to resist other types of vegetables. Their ‘natural sweetness’ could be the cause behind it. However, you should make the most of this and prepare tasty carrot soup for their palate flavor.