Despite that, there is very less evidence to propose you can stop varicose veins or prevent, nutritional changes can make a world of difference. This article will help you know how to battle it naturally with food.
Veins are an elastic blood vessel that carries blood to the heart; they contain one-way valves that prevent blood from flowing back to the rest of the body. When the valves weaken varicose veins develop; letting the blood to pool in the veins without being pumped back to the heart. They appear as swollen or twisted veins and are often red or purple in color On the other hand, spider veins are also similar to varicose veins, but the difference is that they are smaller.
Affecting upto 60% of the population, it is a common disorder which affects women. In several cases, they are just a cosmetic concern, but in certain cases they are painful and can cause great discomfort. Having said that, it leads to others health complications in addition! Following are some of the natural supplements that will combat varicose veins naturally.
- Asparagus– Including it in your diet will add strength to your veins and capillaries, while preventing them from splitting. Ensure that you clean the shoots of it deeply because it will contain more dirt. Spray little olive oil and add some salt to taste; you can either grill it or have it micro-waved.
- Blueberries– it has a high concentration compound called anthocyanins which contributes to the physical condition of the collagen matrix by reducing the effect enzymes that tear down connective tissue and by foraging free radicals. It also repairs the damaged proteins in the blood vessel walls while improving the overall health of the vascular system.
- Rosemary– The herb contains an acid called rosmarinic acid which helps protect the tissues from free radical damage. Ursolic acid present in the herb strengthens the capillaries.
- Ginger– Known for its aromatic and pungent flavor, its ability to disband fibrin in blood vessels is used to treat varicose while improving circulation. It is fibrin that makes the vein lumpy and inflexible.
- Beets– Maintaining the elasticity of arteries, beets juice helps prevent varicose veins.
On the whole, healthy eating is a key to reduce the risk of varicose veins. More intake of fiber is highly suggested. Eating more vegetables along with unrefined grains like brown rice, oatmeal, rye, beans, and fruits is sure to make a world of difference to your pain.