FUN WITH FRUITS
Here are some fun ways to get a little extra from the fruits we have.
Some time back people used to buy candles for holiday seasons. Nowadays most people prefer making candles and using them. Homemade candles will add a unique touch to your house. Instead of throwing away those waste orange peels, it can be used to make a simple DIY orange candle.
- Olive Oil (or any kind of oil)
- Cover the place where the candle is going to be made .The orange juice may cause a mess. Wash and prepare the oranges.
- Take a knife and cut the orange around in the middle. Try not to cut the flesh to avoid mess.
- Using a Spoon undermine the orange first. Then try to remove skin carefully so that it comes out with the white part which will act as the candle wick.
- Pour a little amount of olive oil in the orange peel and wait until the wick is soaked with oil.
- Light the wick and enjoy your homemade orange candle.
- If you wish to make if more attractive, take the other part of the orange peel. Cut a cute shape on it and close the candle with the other half.
FRUIT HAIR DYE:
People always try to find natural ways to get things done to avoid damage. Hair coloring using chemicals can damage hair. Fruits like blueberries, blackberries etc can be used to color hair. They are natural coloring methods and do not damage hair. The color is not going to be permanent.
Berries like Blackberries and blueberries can be used to get bluish/purplish hair color. The color depends on the amount of berries used, your hair type and the amount of time you leave it on your hair.
Pomegranates can be used to get red hair color. The dark red pomegranate is recommended for good results. The fruit is peeled and seeds are removed. The juice is extracted and boiled with a little amount of citrus juice .The mixture is applied and kept for a while and rinsed with cold water.
Avocado can be used to get pink hair color. The Avocado fruit is not only good for hair but can also be used to color it. The fruit can be eaten and the peel is used to dye hair. The peel can be directly applied to the hair or blended and applied to the hair. The skin is pigmented when it’s ripe. Hence we get best results when the fruit is ripe.
Walnut shells can be used to get dark brown hair color. The walnut shell is taken and crushed, cooled for about 30 minutes and the juice is taken. The juice can be directly applied or boiled and applied for darker hair color.
Before applying any of the dyes Test if it is safe to use even though it is natural. Apply it to some strands and check if any irritation occurs. If not continue applying the dye else do not apply the dye.
FRUIT FACE PACKS:
Fruits are packed with nutrients and minerals which are not only used to maintain our body but also for healthy skin .Fruits are natural ingredients and will not harm our skin like the other harsh beauty products. Some of the best fruit packs for healthy skin are as follows.
PAPAYA FACE MASK:
- Peel the papaya and blend its flesh into a smooth pulp.
- Add honey to the pulp and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your face and pat dry with towel.
The papaya fruit is filled with essential nutrients for glowing skin. Honey helps in smoothing the skin and removing acne. Apply fruit mask thrice a week for good results.
TOMATO FACE MASK:
- Take one tomato and blend it into a pulp.
- Add few drops of lemon into the pulp.
- Apply it all over the face and let it dry for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with Luke warm water and pat dry using a towel.
Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and are great for healthy skin. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and can used for fairer glowing skin. Apply this fruit mask twice a week for good results.