Palm Fruit Nutrition Facts And Health Benefits
Palm fruit is tasty summer fruit that solves all the problems due to intense heat. It is called nungu in Tamil, is a refreshing treat for those languishing in India’s insufferably hot summers. It is a natural coolant for the body. It is known to contain Vitamins A, B-complex and C.
The fleshy stems are found to be very nutritious and fibrous. The tender fruit pulp is eaten raw during summer because it gives a cooling effect to the body. The ripened fibrous outer layer of the fruit can be eaten raw, boiled, or roasted.
Benefits Of Palm Fruit(Nungu)
There is no uniform cultivar of nungu. Each region may have a slightly different type of fruit that varies in size and color. The taste, however, is generally uniform throughout these cultivars.
- The fruit is a natural coolant for the body.
- The fruit contains vitamin A, B and also Vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid.
- Rich in minerals such as Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus and Zinc.
- The pulp from the mature fruit is used to cure Dermatitis.
- It is also anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
- It used in the treatment of vomiting and worm infestation.
- Calories- 413.5.
- Vitamin B2- 0.3(mg).
- Humidity- 2.0(g).
- Vitamin C – 62.2(mg).
- Protein -3.8(g).
- Niacin – 2.5(mg).
- Fat – 8.9(g).
- Iron- 6.1(mg).
- Ash – 1.3(g).
- Calcium- 10.9(mg).
- Crude fiber- 2.1(g).
- Sodium- 2.7(mg).
- Carbohydrates- 2. 72.1(g).
- Potassium- 162.8(mg).
- Vitamin A- 1.2(ug eq).
- Magnesium- 11.7(mg).