With everyone feeling the pinch and tightening their belts, eating in with friends and family is a popular way of spending the evening. Deciding what to keep serving can become a big task and purchasing from food wholesalers can provide a good range of alternatives.
Keeping the costs down
In an effort to make feeding less costly more people are turning to the services of food wholesalers to buy their produces; and companies such as 3663 food not only supply the raw materials but also have a whole host of mouth watering recipes on their website.
The Perfect Summer Salad
- Deseeded Red Pepper
- Deseeded Yellow Pepper
- Liquid Chicken Bouillon 500ml
- 250 g of five leaf mix
- Spring Onions
- Plum Tomatoes
- Basmati rice
- Thyme and paprika
- Tabasco sauce
This is simple and all the ingredients can be ordered online from 3663 food one of the highest quality food wholesalers. Add the following ingredients together in a large bowl and for dressing add Tabasco Sauce, Thyme, Paprika and Bouillon.
Another excellent recipe that can be found from 3663 foods and that has ingredients that can all be purchased direct from food wholesalers is the Chicken, sun-dried Tomato and mozzarella roulade. The ingredients for this are simple. You can choose from fresh or frozen chicken breast fillets; you will need a mozzarella loaf of around 50g and the same of semi dried tomatoes.
How to make:
- Slice the breast lengthways.
- Place the mozzarella and tomatoes onto the chicken fillet and fold the chicken around the tomato and cheese to make a small parcel.
- Wrap each parcel tightly in cling film so that it is water tight.
- Immerse the parcels in a pan of boiling water and poach for 25-30 minutes or until you can ease a fork into the parcel.
- Remove the cling film carefully as there will be steam escaping from the parcel, cut the parcel into slices and serve with seasonal vegetables and potatoes or a fresh summer salad and jacket potato.
- To make the dish a little more attractive, roast the chicken nicely in a pan. Garnish with a little butter and snip of parsley.
The Final Course
Everyone likes a dessert so why not have a look at the options on the 3663 food page and choose a mouth watering dessert to finish your meal.
Eton Mess is a perennial British favorite dessert; try to serve it with a difference by adding sultana scone.
- 200 ml of Double Cream
- 105g of Strawberries
- Meringue Nests
- 60 g of Sultana Scones
Making the Mess
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Break the meringue into pieces and cut the strawberries into eight pieces.
- Gently stir the meringue and strawberries into the cream.
- Break the scones into small pieces and mix with the rest of the mixture. Serve in tall glasses with a few fresh strawberries to dress.