Apples are good source of vitamins and they are less expensive when compared to other fruits and are available throughout the year. Apples are very essential to maintain a balance diet and so they are available all over the countries and they are exported to the countries where the plantation seems to be very difficult. Pick the ones which are bright in color and avoid the ones which have brown spots on them. It can be stored in fridge to postpone ripening and can retain their freshness for up to 7 days. Many suggest eating an apple per day can keep you from free radicals that are harmful to our body.
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of peeled diced apples
- 1 unbaked pie crust about 9-inch
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Beat the egg and sour cream together and add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Mix until it becomes smooth and stir in the apples.
- Bake it at 400 degree for about 25 minutes and then mix the crumb topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Remove the pie from oven and spread with crumb topping and again bake it for another 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for sometime before serving for best flavor and taste.
This can be served as breakfast too and it takes about 1 hr and 15 minutes to prepare this recipe. Kids are found of apples and it will be a great recipe appetite for them.