Kiwi Upside Down Cake Recipe
KIWI UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- Brown sugar
- Refined flour
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Glazed cherries
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Grease a spring bottom aluminium cake tin with oil. Spread brown sugar all over the base of the tin.
- Slice 2 kiwis into thin roundels and arrange them over the brown sugar so as to cover the entire base.
- Sieve refined flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut 1 kiwi into small pieces and mix in with the refined flour mixture.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl, add sugar and beat with a hand blender till the mixture becomes creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence and beat again till well blended and light. Add the flour with the kiwi pieces and fold in well.
- Put the batter over the kiwis in the cake tin, tap the tin lightly and then level the batter with a spatula.
- Keep the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take the tin out of the oven and turn over on a serving plate. Decorate with cherries and chill in the refrigerator. Cut into wedges and serve.