Cranberry sauce is a condiment or relish made from cranberries, sugar, and other ingredients such as orange juice, zest, cinnamon, and ginger. It is most commonly served with turkey and other poultry dishes. It is usually eaten at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in North America. Cranberry sauce can also be used as a topping for desserts such as ice cream, or as a spread for sandwiches.
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, and orange juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the orange zest, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have softened and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Serve warm or cold.