Dragon fruit was also called as pitaya, due to its scales on its body. It includes intense color and shape with dazzling flowers. The fruit is in dark red color, it may also be in yellow or pink color.This is also called as moon flower,Queen of the night and Lady of the Night as it blooms in night. The sweet pulp is present at the center of the fruits that pretains white or red in color, with small black seeds. The nutritional and health benefits of dragon fruit are:
- This fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants,as it prevents free radicals and protects you from causing cancer to your body.
- This fruits contains rich amount of vitamin C and thus helps in healing bruises and cuts quickly, and enhancing the immune system.
- The dragon fruit neutralizes the toxic substances such as heavy metals.The high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be controlled or reduced by consuming this fruit.
- Regular consumption of this fruit helps to fight against cough and asthma.
- Vitamin B1 present in this fruit helps in increasing the energy production and also metabolizes the carbohydrates.Vitamin B2 present in this fruit helps to reduce appetite .
- Vitamin B3 contained in this dragon fruit improves the appearance of your skin by smoothing and moisturizing it.
- It also improves eyesight and prevents hypertension.
- As it is a good source of phosphorus and calcium, it reinforces bones, helps in tissue formation and forms healthy teeth.