Watermelon is a refreshing summer fruit. It is vitamin rich fruit and has a lot of water content. It satisfies thirst and makes one feel full. A watermelon cake is unique way of eating the watermelon fruit. The cake is easy to make and does not require any baking. This recipe is great for all the watermelon lovers out there.
- 1 Watermelon
- Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Take a watermelon and cut it into half. Cut the cap part of the watermelon so that it is flat on both sides.
- Make the watermelon stand upright and scrape off the outer skin. Smoothen out the outside layer of the fruit so it is round and cake shaped.
- Cut all the fruits into small pieces. They will act as the toppings on the cake. Your desired fruits can be added.
- Whipped Cream:
- Take a large bowl and put all the required amount of whipping cream in it.
- Add a little amount of sugar and vanilla extract.
- Take an electric whisk/mixer and whisk the cream until cream thickens. The beating process may be hard to do using hands.
- The cake shaped watermelon is taken and the whipped cream is applied on top of it as soon as it is made. Using a spatula the cream is spread all over the cake. The cream needs to be smooth around the corners.
- Take the chopped fruits and place it around the cake on the whipped cream before if hardens.
- Place small pieces of fruits on the cake else the cake may not stand.
- Extra fruits and nuts maybe added as desired.
Serve it chill on its own or add your favorite ice cream along with it .