“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is one of the famous quotes which convey that this fruit is full of health benefits. This recipe may take a lot of time to prepare but in the end you will find it value. This fruit contains in-numerous vitamins and minerals that are essential to keep one body fit and healthy. These fruits are best to be consumed as early as possible instead of storing them up in refrigerator. They are grown up in almost all the countries and so it is not a big difficulty to purchase them.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 large apples which are peeled and sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 8 slices of Italian bread, each 1 inch thick
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add the thinly sliced apples to it.
- Allow it to cook for 5 minutes and stir them in-between and add brown sugar, water and cinnamon and continue cooking for 10 minutes until apples are tender.
- Pour the mixture into 13X9 baking dish and make sure that you cover the apples with bread slices entirely.
- Trim the bread in such a way that it fits and beat the eggs until it becomes foamy and then beat milk and vanilla to it.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices and cover the dish with plastic wrap leave it undisturbed inside the refrigerator the whole night.
- In the morning, take the dish out from the fridge and allow it settle for some time and in the mean time preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Bake it for 35 minutes or until the bread becomes golden in color. Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, it is always better to cut the edges of casserole with a knife and place the platter on the top of the casserole carefully.
- For effective serving, use a spatula to remove them and place it on the plate with damaging the sides and carefully flip it so that the apple side is up.
This fruit recipe is very delicious and it can be prepared during special occasions or during festivals. When you return home from office after a hectic schedule, this fruit recipe can be given so that it may be refreshing as it contains vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants and many more. Apples are responsible for reducing tooth decays, cholesterol and boost one’s immune system. For apple lovers, it is a must-have recipe.