BLUEBERRY FLAX PANCAKE
This is a pancake with healthier alternatives. Flax seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids and rich in fiber. Blueberries, being rich in Vitamin K, also add some richness to this recipe. With this healthier version of the whole-wheat pancake, just say bye bye to the cheat days in your diet. Finally, top your pancakes with honey or maple syrup to have some divine feelings.
Recipe for Whole Wheat Pancake mix
First, prepare the whole wheat pancake mix.
- All-purpose flour-3 cups
- Whole wheat flour -5 cups
- White sugar-1/3 cups
- Baking powder-2 and half table spoons
- Baking soda-4 teaspoons
- Salt- 4 teaspoons
- Mix all-purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together using a whisk.
- Make sure that no lumps are formed and the mixture is smooth.
- Store this lump-free mix in an airtight container overnight.
Blueberry Flax Pancake Recipe
- Pancake mix-1 and half cups
- Flax seed meal-1/2 cup
- Skim milk-1 cup
- Frozen Blueberries-1 cup
- Put a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Mix the prepared pancake mix and flax seed meal in a medium-sized bowl.
- For about 2 minutes, whisk the milk and eggs together in a measuring bowl.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients together and stir them until moistened.
- Pour a quarter(1/4) cupful of batter onto the hot skillet. Sprinkle it with as many blueberries as desired. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.
And yah!!! Now just top your pancakes with honey and chopped almonds to serve.
- Check the freshness of your baking powder.
- Whisk your dry ingredients to avoid big lumps.
- Resist the over-mix.
- Rest the batter for some time to get fluffy pancakes.