Lemon-Berry Firecracker Cake
Lemon-Berry Firecracker Cake is a delicious and vibrant cake that is perfect for any occasion. This easy-to-make dessert starts with a classic yellow cake mix, and is then loaded with fresh blueberries, raspberries, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, and colorful sprinkles. The addition of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest give the cake a bright and zesty flavor that is sure to please. The result is a moist and flavorful cake that is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup colorful sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt until combined. Stir in lemon zest.
- Gently fold in blueberries, raspberries, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, and sprinkles.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
- Make sure to use a 9-inch round cake pan for this recipe.
- Be sure not to overmix the batter, as this can cause the cake to be tough.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- If desired, top the cake with additional fresh berries, white chocolate chips, toffee bits, and/or sprinkles.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.