FRUIT CUSTARD RECIPE
Custard powder is originated as a boon of people who want an alternative to eggs. Fruit custard prepared for fasting in Indian culture requires us to follow a certain diet that is eggless,gluten free and grain free.
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup custard powder, vanilla flavor
- 3 cups whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped fruits of your choice
- Whisk together custard powder with 1 tablespoon milk. Mix till there are no lumps remaining.
- Take a medium saucepan and boil milk on medium heat. When it starts to boil over, add sugar and custard powder mixture to it and stir continuously.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring till the mixture thickens.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature and then refrigerate till you are ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve, take the freshly cut fruits and add it to the custard mixture and mix well. Alternatively, you could put the custard in your serving bowls and then add fruits on it.
- Serve it with ice-cream or with a drizzle of sweetened mango pulp (optional)