Watermelon Summer Salad
Watermelon summer salad is a refreshing and light dish that is perfect for hot summer days. It typically consists of cubed watermelon, feta cheese, fresh basil, and a light vinaigrette or lemon juice. The feta cheese and basil give the salad a salty and herby flavor, while the sweet watermelon balances it out. This salad is great for outdoor cookouts, potlucks, or light summer lunches.
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed watermelon and feta cheese.
- Add the fresh basil and gently stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Make sure to use seedless watermelon for this salad, as the seeds can be unpleasant.
- Use fresh basil for the best flavor.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding a few chopped mint leaves to the salad.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.